Monday, March 22, 2021

Theresa (Kufta) Parkansky--A New Found Relative

I am very excited that I have found living relatives of my grandfather’s sister Marion who moved to Muskegon from Poland, a few years after her brothers came to Grand Rapids, MIchigan. Theresa (Kufta) Parkansky (my 1rst cousin 1x removed) was her youngest daughter. I will let her introduce herself: “My name is Theresa kufta Parkanzky. I am 85 years old and live in Van Wert, Ohio. I grew up in Muskegon, Michigan. I graduated from high school and went to college in Detroit. I graduated from Mercy College with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing in 1957. I married in 1958 and had 6 children: Daniel, Marie Halloran, Karen Vogler, Connie Snyder! Paul David, and John. My husband Ernest passed away in 2011. I had 2 sisters, Wanda Kozicki and Irene Mastee -- both deceased. I remember as a child going to my uncle's home and as I recall his name was Tony and his brother was Joe? Nothing was ever discussed re my mother Mary’s background. My memory may be foggy and unfortunately my sisters are gone and may have had more information.” Theresa is my mother Shirley (Raczkiewicz) Longwell's first cousin. My Mom is also 85 years old and has some similarities in her story: She went to X-Ray school at St. Mary's Hospital in Grand Rapids, Michigan and married in 1957. She and my Dad (Roy Longwell) had three daughters, me, Linda, and Lori. Shirley remembers visiting the Kufta house in Muskegon. She can only remember one time and has no idea how she got there since her parents did not have a car. She remembers going to a baseball game with their family. She recently remembered that Frank and Mary came to her wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Story of Kazimierz Krawczyk & Rozalia Kobak

Besides the Raczkiewicz family (Pawel and Franciszka) originating from Łaszczówka, another branch of the family also originated from there...