Saturday, March 20, 2021

A DIFFERENT Joseph Raszkiewicz Died March 22, 1967

It was logical to check for my relatives at Holy Cross Cemetery, the Polish Catholic Cemetery in Grand Rapids, Michigan. It is near where I grew up and I have been there often when family members were buried there. I did find some people with similar names that do NOT seem to be related. For instance, on this day (March 22) in 1967, a 59 year old Joseph Raszkiewicz died. This is NOT my great uncle Joseph who died May 17, 1971 at age 80. Additionally, Infant Raczkiewicz was born and died November 4, 1920. I thought this child was my grandparents but I found out the parents were Maguesz & Agnes Raczkiewicz. It is likely the name is Matuesz but someone had trouble reading it. I do not know who these people are. A Wincenty Raczkiewicz died March 26, 1920. He was the son of Thomas Ratkiewicz and Petronella Dryziecz and married to Sophia. Another set of people I do not know. There was a John Roszkiewicz who died July 10 1923. I thought he might be my grandfather’s oldest brother but his parents were Joseph and Julia nee Velach from Czechoslovakia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Story of Kazimierz Krawczyk & Rozalia Kobak

Besides the Raczkiewicz family (Pawel and Franciszka) originating from Łaszczówka, another branch of the family also originated from there...