Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Jan Dubiel was born 16 April 1889.

Rogóźno - bocianie gniazdo - DSC03696 v1 Jan Dubiel (husband of my great aunt Paulina Raczkiewicz) was born 16 April 1889. Jan was the husband of Paulina Raczkiewicz (my great aunt.) I learned about him from Andrzej Dubiel (my 2nd cousin.) His grandma Pauline and my grandpa Anthony were siblings. He told me that after her marriage to Jan, Paulina moved from Sabaudia, where the Raczkiewicz family lived to Rogóźno, where her husband’s family lived. They had some land and were peasants their whole lives. He was born in Rogozno, a village with roots before the 1500s which had been colonized by Germans in cooperation with the noble Zamoyski about 100 years before Jan was born. (We “talked” about this village before since Curt Wof (my 4x cousin) had descendants (Eiflers) that came from Germany to this village. This picture of Rogozno is not of their house but I am excited to see a stork next in the picture. Image credit: Attribution: Przemysław Czopor

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Story of Kazimierz Krawczyk & Rozalia Kobak

Besides the Raczkiewicz family (Pawel and Franciszka) originating from Łaszczówka, another branch of the family also originated from there...