Sunday, April 18, 2021

Finding out about my Grandfather;s parents

My grandparent’s marriage license listed his mother and father’s names --even though they are misspelled. Finding their names was important in the hunt for ancestors. The first record I got about them was on May 12, 2020 and it was their marriage record translated from Russian. On June 5, 2020, I found and was able to read the record of her birth that had been translated from Russian. I received her death record March 31, 2021 from Andrzej Dubiel (2nd cousin) who had to obtain it from an archive in Poland and translated it for me from Polish. He had also sent the picture of her and husband Jan’s tombstone. And now on April 14, 2021, Andrzej sent a picture of her and I sent it in to be restored. Unfortunately, it might not be restorable.

1 comment:

The Story of Kazimierz Krawczyk & Rozalia Kobak

Besides the Raczkiewicz family (Pawel and Franciszka) originating from Łaszczówka, another branch of the family also originated from there...